First the Question: After Acts 13:2, the mention of ANY of the 12 Apostles in the Book of Acts is ONLY when they had dealings with the Apostle Paul. True or False?
Take a moment to respond at the LLM Question of the Day
And now the answer to the LLM Question of 2-27-2012
Question: The RISEN LORD Jesus Christ had revealed to the Apostle Paul a distinct message for and concerning Gentile salvation, a message quite different from the Gentile salvation foretold in the Scriptures of Israel. True or False?
Answer: TRUE! The LORD Jesus Christ had revealed to the Apostle Paul a distinct message for and concerning the Gentiles, a message quite different from the Gentile salvation foretold in Israel’s Scriptures and quite different from the Apostle Peter’s message to Cornelius, the Gentile. Hence, “THE MYSTERY.” A part of this Mystery is told in Ephesians 3:6, “That the Gentiles should be Joint‑Heirs, and of the Joint-Body, and joint‑sharers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel.” Now, out of the 731 responses we received to this question, 92.6% of you got it right! Fantastic! Therefore, NOW, let us take a look at our NEW Message series,
THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE: It's Beginning and Ending, part 1 of 3
In 1 Corinthians 9:17, the Apostle Paul says, “a dispensation is committed unto me” So, what exactly is a dispensation?
The Greek word is our word “economy”. Note the use of the word in Paul’s Epistle to the Colossians, “Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfill the Word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you the hope of glory.” Colossians 1:25-27.
Here we note a very specific dispensation and duty committed to the Apostle Paul for both Jews and Gentiles together. He had to fulfill, or complete, the Word of God with Divine Truth called “the Mystery.” It was called “The Mystery” or “the secret” because it was the LORD’s secret, NEVER made known to Israel’s prophets or to any other of the LORD’s servants until the RISEN Christ revealed it to the Apostle Paul.
The word translated “fellowship,” in Ephesians 3:9, is the same word “economy” or “dispensation.” Note Ephesians 3:8-9, “Unto me who am less than the least of all saints, is this Grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the UNSEARCHABLE riches of Christ; and to make all men see what is the DISPENSATION of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.” Here we read of “THE ECONOMY OF THE MYSTERY,” God’s secret and the UNSEARCHABLE riches of Christ for Gentiles. The word “UNSEARCHABLE” is “NOT‑TO‑BE-TRACKED” or “UNTRACEABLE,” meaning, “UNPROPHESIED”
The LORD Jesus Christ had revealed to the Apostle Paul a distinct message for and concerning the Gentiles, a message quite different from the Gentile salvation foretold in Israel’s Scriptures and quite different from the Apostle Peter’s message to Cornelius, the Gentile. Hence, “THE MYSTERY.” A part of this mystery is told in Ephesians 3:6: “That the Gentiles should be joint‑heirs and of the Joint-Body, and joint‑sharers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel.”
The Apostle Peter acknowledged that the Apostle Paul’s message included truth that was hard for all men to understand, “And account that the long suffering of our LORD is salvation: even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him, hath written unto you: As also in all his Epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction.”
To Peter and his associates the LORD Jesus committed a Gospel message and a spiritual program:
1. “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Matthew 16:19.
2. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Matthew 28:19-20.
3. “But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8.
4. “But contrariwise, when they saw that the Gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the Gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter: (For He that wrought effectually in Peter to the Apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in one toward the Gentiles.)” Galatians 2:7-8.
5. “Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.” “…Now therefore are we all here present before God to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.” Acts 10:20 and Acts 10:33.
6. “And when James, Peter and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the Grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen and they unto the circumcision.” Galatians 2:9.
By way of comparison, study these following verses which we have quoted:
1. “AND ALL THINGS ARE OF GOD. WHO HATH RECONCILED US TO HIMSELF BY JESUS CHRIST, AND HATH GIVEN TO US THE MINISTRY OF RECONCILIATION” 2 Cor. 5:18.
2. “THAT I SHOULD BE THE MINISTER OF JESUS CHRIST TO THE GENTILES, MINISTERING THE GOSPEL OF GOD THAT THE OFFERING UP OF THE GENTILES MIGHT BE ACCEPTABLE, BEING SANCTIFIED BY THE HOLY GHOST.” Romans 15:16.
3. “AND IT CAME TO PASS THAT WHEN I WAS COME AGAIN TO JERUSALEM, EVEN WHEN I PRAYED IN THE TEMPLE, I WAS IN A TRANCE.” “AND HE SAID UNTO ME, DEPART; FOR I WILL SEND THEE FAR HENCE UNTO THE GENTILES.” Acts 22:17-21.
4. “FOR I SPEAK TO YOU GENTILES INASMUCH AS I AM THE APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES, I MAGNIFY MINE OFFICE” Romans 11:13.
5. “WHO GAVE HIMSELF A RANSOM FOR ALL. TO BE TESTIFIED IN DUE TIME. WHEREUNTO I AM ORDAINED A PREACHER, AND AN APOSTLE, (I SPEAK THE TRUTH IN CHRIST AND LIE NOT), A TEACHER OF THE GENTILES IN FAITH AND VERITY” 1 Timothy 2:6-7.
6. “...THE GOSPEL WHICH YE HAVE HEARD, AND WHICH WAS (PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN WHEREOF I PAUL AM MADE A MINISTER.” Colossians 1:23.
7. “FOR THIS CAUSE I PAUL, THE PRISONER OF JESUS CHRIST FOR YOU GENTILES, IF YE HAVE HEARD OF THE DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD WHICH IS GIVEN ME TO YOU‑WARD; HOW THAT BY REVELATION HE MADE KNOWN UNTO ME THE MYSTERY; (AS I WROTE AFORE IN FEW WORDS).” Ephesians 3:1-3.
In Ephesians 1:13 the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and BELIEVING the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation. Therefore, here, now, is declared unto you the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation: "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. BELIEVE today. The time is short.
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide.
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry
Pastor David Picos, D.D.
Minister and Ambassador for Christ in the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20)