It was wonderful to hear from so many of you about how much you all enjoyed and were edified by part one, and part two of "Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study". Now, before we move along to part three and the next 10 Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study, I want to point out once again that it is super important for you all to become fully aware that the messages from the first chapter of Matthew to the last chapter of Revelation FIVE different groups or classes of people are addressed.
And here they are again:
1) To unsaved Israelites who were under the Law.
2) To saved Israelites who were under the Law before they became members of the Body of Christ.
3) To unsaved Gentiles who were aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel, and not under the Law.
4) To carnal saints and babes who were members of the Body of Christ.
5) To those who were of full age, called "the faithful in Christ Jesus."
Keep these five different groups in mind, and you will derive both blessing and benefit as you carefully study this second set of 10 Super-Facts, (we added 2 BONUS Facts for this message, SURPRISE).
Ok, here we go:
1) The "Law" Dispensation was both parenthetical and TEMPORARY. Galatians 3:19 , Hebrews 8:7-13 . The Law, which was contrary to man, was nailed to the cross. Colossians 2:14 .
2) In the first eleven chapters of Genesis we have the record from creation to the call of Abram, about 2100 years. Israel was Abraham's grandson. About 70 souls out of the loins of Jacob (Israel) went to Egypt about 1900 B.C. More than one million Israelites came out of Egypt about 1500 B.C. Exodus 1:5 , and Exodus 12:37 .
3) The period from the sin of Adam to the time God made the Sinai Covenant with Israel, is called, "from Adam to Moses," "when there is NO law." Romans 5:12-14. Remember also, that there were no Israelites before the flood. Abel, Seth, Enoch, Noah, Shem, and Eber were not Israelites. But the Israelites were "Eberites," and "Shemites." The Jews are still called the "Semitic" people.
4) From Genesis 12:1 to Malachi 4:6 , there are 926 chapters. With the probable exception of Job, and some of Proverbs, they all deal with the one Nation Israel. The other nations spoke of are only those nations that have dealings WITH Israel. All of the 39 Books, from Genesis to Malachi, were written by Jews. Read Romans 3:1 , and Romans 9:4-6 . If Luke was a Jew, then the 27 Books of the New Testament were written by Jews.
5) "The times of the Gentiles" politically, or governmentally, began about 600 B.C. (Jeremiah 50-52 .). "The times of the Gentiles" spiritually, began when God sent temporary blindness upon Israel and the Risen LORD Jesus Christ sent the Apostle Paul to the Gentiles with the Ministry of Reconciliation.
6) The Spirit of Christ was in the Old Testament prophets and testified beforehand the sufferings of the LORD Jesus Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1 Peter 1:11 . In Genesis 3:14-16 , BEFORE the Old Testament existed, Christ was to be the Seed of the woman; in Malachi 3 , "the LORD Whom ye seek." In Isaiah 7:14 , Christ was to be the LORD AND the Seed of the woman. Fascinating stuff!
7) All of the prophets "SINCE the world began" spoke of the restitution of all things (the millennium or the coming kingdom age). Acts 3:21 , and Acts 3:24 . When that time arrives the twelve apostles will be sitting on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matthew 19:28 . Note the words of the LORD Jesus Christ in Mark 1:14-15 and Matthew 4:17 , why the Kingdom of Heaven was at hand.
8) The prophets foretold that Christ would be the Stone rejected by the builders. Matthew 21:42 . Luke 20:17 . Psalm 118:22 . David wrote that Christ would be raised from the dead to sit on David's throne. Acts 2:27-32 . Now, carefully note the prophecy of Amos in 9:11-15. Christ, here, is to build again the tabernacle of David, and save Israelites and Gentiles. This is the program of Acts 15:13-18 .
9) The Old Testament Prophets foretold the resurrection of Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:4 . Psalm 16:8-10 . They foretold the time of Jacob's trouble, Israel's "tribulation." Jeremiah 30:7 . Luke 21:11 . They prophesied "the tree" (Calvary), "the tribulation", "the throne", and "Gentile salvation." In Abraham's seed all nations would be blessed. Note what these Scriptures foresaw when Abram was justified. Galatians 3:8 .
10) The Old Testament Prophets prophesied that Christ would be a King on David's throne. Isaiah 9:6-7 . Psalm 24 . Ezekiel 34:23-24 ; Ezekiel 34:28-31 , and Ezekiel 37:24 . HOWEVER, the Old Testament Prophets never ONCE prophesied that The LORD Jesus Christ would be the Head of the Body of Christ. Ephesians 1:19-23 . Believing Jews and believing Gentiles joined, without distinction, in the one Body of Ephesians 4:4-5 of which Christ is the Head was truth NOT known and NOT prophesied by Israel's prophets.
And TWO BONUS SUPER BIBLE FACTS!
11) When the Old Testament Prophets foretold the salvation of Gentiles, many times it was concerning their salvation IN THE KINGDOM, in SUBJECTION to Israel, but NEVER concerning God's eternal purpose in Christ, as revealed in 2 Timothy 1:9-11 and Ephesians 3:8-11 . The Apostle Paul preached to Gentiles many Divine truths about which Israel's prophets wrote and spoke, but he ALSO preached among them the unsearchable (unprophesied) riches of Christ. Ephesians 3:8 . Read carefully 2 Timothy 1:9-11 and compare with the Apostle Peter's message to Cornelius in Acts 10:34-38 .
12) Not ONE of Israel's prophets knew, spoke, or wrote concerning the "One New Man" of Ephesians 2:15 , or the present Age of Grace, the Reign of Grace, that is, God's eternal purpose in Christ (Ephesians 3:11 ), or concerning the joint-Body (the Sussoma) of Ephesians 3:6 . Colossians 1:24-27 . This was the "Mystery" revealed to the Apostle Paul by the Risen Christ. Ephesians 6:19-20 ; Ephesians 3:9 , and Ephesians 5:32 . In Ephesians 3:6 the word "Body" is, in the Greek, "Sussoma" meaning "joint-Body". (Make note, make a BIG NOTE, that when you read in the Apostle Paul's Epistles of "The Mystery," or "The Secret," that this truth was withheld from all servants of the LORD until it was revealed by the Risen Christ to the Apostle Paul.)
Here is a thought to keep with you: A love for religion, ritualism, or sectarianism, will keep a saint carnal just as much as a love of the world!
In Ephesians 1:13 the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and BELIEVING the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation. Therefore, here, now, is declared unto you the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation: "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. BELIEVE today. The time is short.
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide.
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry