Welcome to the first in our four part series on The Bible being the Final and Complete Revelation from God. Upcoming messages include: The Bible IS the INERRANT Word of God; The Bible IS the Inspired Word of God; and, The Bible...Which Version?
We want to answer the question...IS THE BIBLE THE FINAL AND COMPLETE REVELATION FROM GOD IN WRITTEN FORM?
Now of course, if that statement is true, then the Quran is NOT a revelation from God and neither is the Book of Mormon, nor any other writing claiming to be inspired of God as The Bible is! You got that! Then next
BUT LET'S LOOK AT THIS FIRST...HOW DO WE KNOW IF A PERSON IS SPEAKING FROM GOD'S REVELATION OR NOT?
That is an excellent question since so many religious leaders claim that God speaks directly to them as He did in the Bible. The following issues need to be addressed whenever you run into such a claim:
1. If what is predicted does NOT happen, then God did not tell them it would, no matter what they say! Read carefully Deuteronomy 18:21-22.
2. If the gospel that is preached is NOT the gospel of Jesus Christ found in the Bible, then God did NOT speak to them! Read Galatians 1:6-10.
3. If what they say does NOT agree with the Bible, then God did NOT speak to them! Read Isaiah 8:19-20; II Peter 3:2.
4. If they ADD any additional "truth" to what the Bible already says, then God did NOT speak to them! Read Revelation 22:18-19.
OK NOW...WHY DO WE BELIEVE THAT THE BIBLE IS A COMPLETE AND FINAL REVELAATION FROM GOD?
1. A THEOLOGICAL reason - nothing is omitted that BELIEVERS need to know!
2. A LOGICAL reason - early church leaders were closer to the issue. They consistently rejected claims by other writings.
3. A FACTUAL reason - no attempt was made to change this completed Bible to the Council of Trent (1540-1546 AD). That council was a reaction to objections by the reformers regarding church tradition being more important than the Bible itself, and the failure of many church teachings to be supported by Biblical authority.
4. AN EXPERIENTIAL reason - it has the proven power to save and change lives who believe its message and obey its teachings.
5. A BIBLICAL reason - THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ARGUMENT OF ALL! God indicates that His written Word would be a complete and final revelation!
FOR YOUR DILIGENT STUDY, CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING PASSAGES. These passages will also be in the description: Exodus 20:1; Deuteronomy 4:2; Deuteronomy 8:3; Psalm 19:7; Psalm 119:89, Psalm 152, Psalm 160; Proverbs 30:5-6; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; Matthew 24:35; Luke 16:31; John 10:35; John 16:13; Romans 10:17; 1 Corinthians 14:37; 1 Corinthians 15:1; Galatians 1:9; Hebrews 1:1-2; Hebrews 2:2-4; Jude 3; Revelation 1:1; Revelation 22:18-19
Hebrews 1:1-2 makes the clear argument that in the "last of these days" (which is the correct Greek grammar) in which God spoke directly, there would be a final revelation concerning His Son, our LORD Jesus Christ. That final revelation is the last book of the New Testament which calls itself, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ". It is an uncovering or unveiling of His Person and majesty like no other portion of God's Word. It is in that book (especially in its last chapter...22:18-19) that deals with the future...clear into eternity...that we have the warning against adding to its words or taking away any of its words. God's revelation ENDED with the Book of Revelation! We are no longer hearing God's direct and audible revelation. He is finished, and now holds us accountable for all that He HAS revealed to us about the past, the present, and the future!
MAY GOD RESTORE IN OUR HEARTS THE ABSOLUTE SUFFICIENCY AND ACCURACY OF THE BIBLE! IT IS THE INSPIRED AND INERRANT WORD OF THE ONE AND ONLY GOD, AND IT IS A COMPLETE AND FINAL REVELATION FROM GOD HIMSELF!
Next up, is our message, "The Bible IS the INERRANT Word of God".
In Ephesians 1:13 the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and BELIEVING the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation. Therefore, here, now, is declared unto you the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation: "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. BELIEVE today. The time is short.
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide.
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry
LLM - Ambassador for Christ in the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20)