Super Bible Facts, part 4: Third set of 10 SuperFacts! - LLM
Before we get to the next 10 Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study, here they are again, the FIVE different groups or classes of people who are addressed from the first chapter of Matthew to the last chapter of Revelation:
1) To unsaved Israelites who were under the Law.
2) To saved Israelites who were under the Law before they became members of the Body of Christ.
3) To unsaved Gentiles who were aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel, and not under the Law.
4) To carnal saints and babes who were members of the Body of Christ.
5) To those who were of full age, called “the faithful in Christ Jesus.”
Remember, for an in-depth explanation of these five different groups I urge you to watch “Super Bible Facts, part 1: Five Different Groups Addressed from Matthew to Revelation”. Keep these five different groups in mind, and you will derive both blessing and benefit as you carefully study this third set of 10 Super-Facts.
Ok, here we go:
1) Jesus Christ was born a Jew, dedicated as a Jew, lived in a Jewish home, was a Jewish worshipper in a Jewish synagogue, lived under the Jewish law, kept the Jewish passover, died by the Jewish law, and was buried in the manner of the Jews. Matthew 2:4-5 , Luke 2:23 , Luke 2:39 , Luke 2:41-42 , Luke 4:16 , Luke 22:7 , and John 19:40 . Christ was made under the law and recognized the authority of Moses seat. Galatians 4:4 . Matthew 23:1-3 . It is important to recognize that Jesus Christ, on earth, took His place among Israel as a worshipping Jew.
2) In John 4:22 is recorded the statement of Christ, “Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship, FOR SALVATION IS OF THE JEWS.” Read Romans 9:4-6 in answer to the question “Who are Israelites?” Note in Luke 4:16 that it was the custom of Jesus to attend the Jewish synagogue on the sabbath.
3) Note this very important fact in Matthew 15:24 , “I am not sent BUT unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Christ said this. And Matthew 10:5 , “These twelve Jesus sent forth and commanded them, saying, GO NOT INTO THE WAY OF THE GENTILES, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not.” Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision, made under the law. Romans 15:8 . Galatians 4:4 . Christ specifically commanded his disciples, “go not into the way of the Gentiles.” Some years later he permitted Peter to preach to the household of Cornelius, and then He sent Paul to the Gentiles some years AFTER HE WENT BACK to heaven. Read Romans 11:13 , 1 Timothy 2:3-7 .
4) Note Luke 19:9 , “And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, FORSOMUCH AS HE ALSO IS A SON OF ABRAHAM.” Although a publican, Zaccheus was eligible for salvation, because he was a son of Abraham. The woman was healed because she was the daughter of Abraham. Luke 13:16 . Christ and His apostles preached to the sons of Abraham while on earth and during the first nine chapters of Acts. Acts 3:25 .
5) Note what a certain Gentile man said and did, “And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto Him THE ELDERS OF THE JEWS, beseeching Him that He would come and heal his servant. And when they came to Jesus they besought Him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom He should do this: FOR HE LOVETH OUR NATION AND HE HATH BUILT US A SYNAGOGUE.” Luke 7:3-5 . The Gentile knew that Christ was a Jew sent only to Jews. He was of great faith. Read Matthew 8:5-13 . The Jews were the children of the kingdom. Matthew 8:12
6) This Roman centurion is the ONLY Gentile man who received a blessing from Christ while on earth, so far as there is any definite statement in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. The woman at the well was not a Gentile. Note the difference between Samaritans and Gentiles. Matthew 10:5 . The word “Jew” is used in John about 70 times and in Acts about 80 times. To the one Gentile woman (a Greek), whom the LORD on earth blessed, He spoke of the Jews as “children,” and of the Gentiles as “dogs.” Matthew 15:21-27 , Mark 7:24-30 . There is a great difference between “children” and “dogs.” But when we reach Romans 10:12 , there is NO difference between Jews and Greeks. Something happened, something CHANGED in God's program between Matthew 15:24 and Romans 10:12 . Read about it in Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:5-6 . The change was the Dispensation of Grace, the Dispensation of the Mystery, coming in.
7) We must reconcile John 3:16 and Matthew 15:24 by studying the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth, as recorded in the Four Gospels, and the ministry of the Twelve UP TO THE TIME Cornelius, the God-fearing, Jew-loving Gentile, (Acts 10:1-2 , and Acts 10:18 ) was saved, about seven years AFTER Christ's Resurrection. It was by His vision to Peter that the Lord made it lawful for His messenger to preach to Gentiles. Read Acts 10:28-29 . Then Peter preached “WHOSOEVER” Acts 10:43 . In Matthew 15:24 , it is “Jews only.” In John 3:16 , it is “whosoever.” But remember Christ's words in Matthew 10:5-6 , “go NOT to Gentiles.” Compare with Acts 11:18 , Acts 14:27 , and Acts 22:21 .
8) The Gentile of Luke 7 and Matthew 8 was a man of GREAT FAITH. Matthew 8:10 . The only other Gentile to whom Christ gave a blessing while on earth, so far as the Record is concerned, was a woman of GREAT FAITH. Matthew 15:21-28 . Mark 7:27 . Christ was not seeking this woman. She sought Him. Mark 7:24-25 . To this Gentile woman Christ said, “let the children (Jews) first be filled.” Mark 7:27 . To the Gentile man Christ said, “the children of the kingdom (Jews) shall be cast into outer darkness.” Matthew 8:12 . These two Gentiles speak of God's program from Matthew 1 to Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:25-28 . Remember that Christ and His apostles on earth were preaching the gospel of the Kingdom. Matthew 9:35 . Peter preached in Acts, the gospel of the circumcision. Galatians 2:7 .
9) Up to the latter part of the Book of Acts, the Jews were being filled first. Acts 3:26 , Acts 13:46 , Acts 18:5-6 . In Acts 28:25-28 the Jews were cast into darkness. This program is suggested by Christ's experience with the only two Gentiles to whom He ministered before His death, so far as we have any record. Read and study carefully Romans 11:11 and Romans 11:15-21 .
10) While Christ was on earth, God's order was “TO THE JEW ONLY.” Matthew 15:24 . Up to Acts 10:28 , for about seven years after Christ died on the cross, God's order was “TO THE JEW ONLY.” Note Acts 10:28 ; “It is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come to one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.” Acts 10:28 . Note carefully Acts 5:31 , “Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance TO ISRAEL, and forgiveness of sins.” Acts 5:31 . Again; Acts 11:19 , “Now they which were scattered abroad, upon the persecution that arose about Stephen, travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the Word to none but UNTO THE JEWS ONLY.” Acts 11:19 . Note that the first Gentile to whom Peter preached was a God-fearing man who loved the Jews. Acts 10:1-2 , Acts 10:18 . Many have called Cornelius an uncircumcised proselyte. So far as there is any record in Acts the Twelve preached to no Gentiles except to the household of Cornelius, and not one of the Twelve preached outside of the land of the Jews. They remained in Jerusalem. Acts 8:1 .
More Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study coming up!
In Ephesians 1:13 the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and BELIEVING the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation. Therefore, here, now, is declared unto you the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation: "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. BELIEVE today. The time is short.
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide.
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry