By the Word of God ONLY, members of the Body of Christ need to determine whether or not
their denominational creed,
Pastor, Preacher, or whoever and whatever, are truly of God. Again, the Word of God is the ONLY method by which to test. In our last message of this series I told you that we will have for you questions that you can ask. So now, here are the questions. These questions are thorough but not exhaustive. ALL of the following questions should be met with a resounding YES:
1. Do they believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven? (John 14:6)
2. Do they believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ? (Isaiah 7:14)
3. Do they believe that Jesus is God Almighty? (Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-3, John 1:14; John 10:33, 1 Timothy 3:16; Colossians 2:9; Revelation 1:8)
4. Do they believe that Jesus is the Son of God? (John 3:16)
5. Do they believe that Jesus died upon the cross? (John 19:23; Hebrews 12:2)
6. Do they believe that Jesus was buried, and rose again physically after three days? (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
7. Do they believe that Jesus ascended bodily into Heaven after His resurrection? (Acts 1:9)
8. Do they believe that it is Jesus' blood which takes our sins away, and not just the death of Christ? (Colossians 1:14; 1 John 1:7; Revelation 7:14)
9. Do they believe in the Godhead (Trinity): God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit? (Romans 1:20; Matthew 28:19-20)
10. Do they believe that Jesus is a member of the Godhead, equal in every capacity? (Colossians 2:9)
11. Do they believe that Jesus is perfect, never having sinned even once? (2 Cor. 5:21; Hebrews 4:15)
12. Do they believe that Jesus existed in Preexistent form, before He came to the earth? (John 8:58; Revelation 1:8)
13. Do they believe in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ upon the cross, Who died in our place? (1 Peter 2:21)
14. Do they believe that Hell is a literal place that burns with fire, to punish all Christ-rejecters for eternity? (2 Thessalonians 1:8; Revelation 20:8-15)
15. Do they believe in a literal Heaven, for the saved to go to? (John 14:1-2; 2 Cor. 5:8)
16. Do they believe that Jesus Christ is the Creator of the universe? (John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16)
17. Do they believe that Jesus Christ always existed? (Revelation 1:8; John 5:58; Hebrews 7:3)
18. Is Christ's work of atonement completely finished? (Hebrews 9:26)
As I said, the answer to all of these questions should be a confident "YES!"
Now, the answer to all of the following questions should be a confident "NO!"
19. Does a person have to be baptized to go to Heaven? (1 Corinthians 1:17; Acts 16:31)
20. Do you have to do any good works to go to Heaven? (Romans 3:20; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
21. Do you have to join a “church” to go to Heaven? (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Psalm 118:8)
22. Do you have to confess your sins to a priest or a minister to go to Heaven? (1 Timothy 2:5)
23. Do you have to keep the sacraments to go to Heaven? (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Romans 4:5)
24. Do you have to endure or persevere to the end of life to be saved? (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Romans 5:15; Romans 6:23; Romans 4:5)
25. Do you have to earn your way to Heaven? (Romans 3:20; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
26. Do you have to pray the Rosary to go to Heaven? (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Matthew 6:7)
27. Do you have to recognize, pray to, and worship the Virgin Mary to be saved? (1 Timothy 2:5; Exodus 20:4-5)
28. Do you have to be religious to go to Heaven? (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Mark 7:6-13)
29. Do you have to forsake your sins to be saved? (Romans 4:5; Ephesians 2:8-9)
30. Do you have to "be willing" to turn from your sins to be saved? (Romans 4:5; Ephesians 2:8-9)”
Again, these should all be answered with a NO.
OK...Back on point...
Now, the Bible has much to say about apostasy, false prophets, and deceitful workers, who transform themselves into the apostles of Christ, AND concerning the people who will give heed to seducing spirits and follow the pernicious ways of those who deny the LORD that bought them and bring in the damnable heresy. The Holy Spirit thru the Apostle Paul says, “For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12.
Note God’s warning against these unbelievers posing as Christians, “For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. THIS is a deceiver AND an antichrist. Look to yourselves that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever trangresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” 2 John 7-9.
Now, get this, most of these spiritual criminals (because criminal is what they are doing), are moral, religious, sincere religious infidels. Satan is accused of the crime of deceiving the whole world, but how any man can be so deluded by the arch enemy as to call himself a Christian while he denies the Genesis record of creation, the virgin birth and eternal Deity of the self‑existent Christ, then deny salvation from the sorrows of the second death by the Faith in His shed blood and bodily resurrection, and further go on to deny the other Christian doctrines of the Bible, is almost beyond comprehension or explanation!
In Ephesians 1:13 the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and BELIEVING the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation. Therefore, here, now, is declared unto you the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your Salvation: "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. BELIEVE today. The time is short.
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide.
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry
Pastor David Picos, D.D.
Minister and Ambassador for Christ in the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20)
Post a Comment