First the Question: The Apostle Paul was imprisoned for proclaiming Divine Truth, which he called The Mystery, or my Gospel. True or False?
Please take a moment to respond at the LLM Question of the Day
And now the answer to the LLM Question of 9-22-2011
Question: The Dispensation of the Grace of God did not begin with Peter and Pentecost, but with Saul after his name was changed to Paul. True or False?
Answer: TRUE! And not only that, but, NOT ONE of the twelve apostles referred to the “Church” as the “Body.” The Greek word “Soma” is used exclusively in the writings of the Apostle Paul and is found in his Epistles many times, referring to the Church. The “Body” thus used is always the “Church,” but the “Church” is not always the “Body.”
Today let us consider, Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study, part 10 of 10+
Here is the NINTH set of Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study, but first, as always, here are the very important FIVE different groups or classes of people who are addressed from the first chapter of Matthew to the last chapter of Revelation:
1) To unsaved Israelites who were under the Law.
2) To saved Israelites who were under the Law before they became members of the Body of Christ.
3) To unsaved Gentiles who were aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel, and not under the Law.
4) To carnal saints and babes who were members of the Body of Christ.
5) To those who were of full age, called “the faithful in Christ Jesus.”
Remember, for an in-depth explanation of these five different groups I urge you to read “Super bible Facts for Super Bible Study, part 1”. Keep these five different groups in mind, and you will derive both blessing and benefit as you carefully study this ninth set of 10 Super-Facts.
Ok, here we go:
1) Note Acts 28:28, “Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.” And Ephesians 3:8, “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.” The word “unsearchable” is literally “untraceable” or “not to be traced.” It means NOT prophesied in the Scriptures. After the Apostle Paul's statement in Acts 28:25-28, salvation was sent to the Gentiles with a program and order NEVER BEFORE mentioned. Paul preached to Gentiles a two fold message; namely, Divine Truth prophesied in the Old Testament Scriptures and Divine Truth which had NEVER been revealed to one single person UNTIL the RISEN Christ revealed it to Paul; hence, the “mystery” (secret). Paul preached the “searchable” riches AND the “unsearchable” riches of Christ.
2) Now note Ephesians 3:1-2, and Ephesians 3:9, “For this cause I, Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye heard of the dispensation of the Grace of God, which is given me to you-ward.” “And to make all men see what is the fellowship (Dispensation) of the Mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ.” Surely these messages were not proclaimed before Paul told of the door opened by God for the Gentiles. Acts 14:27. Take note, for preaching THESE messages was the jail door was opened for Paul and closed ON him. Colossians 4:3-4, Ephesians 6:19, Ephesians 6:29, 2 Timothy 2:6-9. IF YOU proclaim them very few if ANY denominational doors will be opened for you. Galatians 1:10.
3) In connection with these glorious truths, we have God's message against sectarianism (denominations), against any and all divisions of the Body of Christ. Ephesians 4:3-6. “There is one Body.” And remember that by the ONE Divine baptism of Ephesians 4:5, the member of that ONE Body, of which Christ is the Head, has been raised to sit in the heavenlies in Christ. He is complete in Christ, identified with Him in crucifixion, death, burial, and resurrection, with heavenly citizenship, waiting to appear with Christ in glory.
4) We can never understand the Bible until we learn from God's Word and by God's Spirit that the “Dispensation of the Grace of God”, the “Dispensation of the Mystery” did NOT begin with Peter and Pentecost, but with Saul after his name was changed to Paul. The realization and application of this most important truth will keep God's children out of fanaticism and deliver them from religious delusions and dispensational blunders; and cause them to begin to understand the truth of Ephesians 4:13-14.
5) Now note 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, “And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife and DIVISIONS, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?” Compare Ephesians 1:1 and Ephesians 1:17, “Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus. “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. That we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lay in wait to deceive.” Ephesians 4:13-14.
Please pay ATTENTION: From Matthew 1 to Revelation 22, five groups of people are addressed:
1. Israel under the law.
2. Individual saved Israelites from Matthew 1 to Acts 9, under the law.
3. Gentiles, not under the law.
4. Carnal members of the Body of Christ, babes in Christ.
5. To the faithful in Christ Jesus in Christ's Body; those of full age. Hebrews 5:12-14.
Only those in group 5 intelligently apply the Scriptures to the particular group for whom God intended them, and thus obey 2 Timothy 2:15, “rightly dividing the Word of truth.”
6) Note in 1 Corinthians 12:1-11, the sign-gifts found among the Corinthian saints: “wisdom,” knowledge,” “faith,” “healing,” “miracles,” “prophecy,” “discerning of spirits,” “tongues,” “interpretation of tongues.” Note in 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, and 1 Corinthians 6:8, that the Corinthian saints were CARNAL, able to take only the milk which belonged to babes in Christ, and that they were defrauding one another. But they exercised all the sign gifts. This is proof that the exercise of sign gifts by a saint does NOT prove that that saint is either unusually spiritual or peculiarly faithful. In fact, these sign-gifts can NOT be found among even the most spiritual members of Christ's Body today. Remember Christian teaching and practice may be Scriptural but un-dispensational.
7) Again note that the Corinthians were addressed as “saints” and “sanctified” ones. 1 Corinthians 1:1. They had been washed, sanctified, justified (1 Corinthians 6:11). Here “sanctified” preceded “justified.” This is true also in 2 Thessalonians 2:13, “sanctified unto salvation.” Many of the sanctified Corinthians did wrong (1 Corinthians 6:8): they “walked as men” (1 Corinthians 3:3), they were carnal and defrauded one another. Some of them were chastened unto sickness and physical death for their disobedience; BUT THEY COULD NOT BE CONDEMMED WITH THE WORLD! 1 Corinthians 11:27-32. This is PROOF that sanctification, does not mean sinless perfection, or a Divine work subsequent to salvation!
8) Note, in 1 Corinthians 12:13, “For by ONE Spirit are we all baptized into ONE Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bound or free; and have been all made to drink into ONE Spirit.” By (in) one Spirit believing Jews and Gentiles have been baptized into ONE Body. By that baptism they had put on Christ. Galatians 3:27. By that baptism they had been baptized into the death of Christ; their old man had been crucified, and they had been raised to walk in newness of life. Romans 6:3-7. Compare this “death” baptism with the death baptism of Christ in Luke 12:50 and the ONE baptism of Ephesians 4:5 and Colossians 2:12. Compare this ONE Divine baptism with the one baptism in the first chapters of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, “baptism unto repentance for the remission of sins.” There was one baptism while Christ was on earth. There was one baptism after Israel was set aside, as recorded in Romans 11:13 and Acts 28:25-28. These baptisms were different. Ephesians 4:5. John 1:31.
9) Note three reasons why believing Jews and Gentiles were NOT baptized in ONE Spirit in ONE Body while Christ was on earth in the flesh.
1. The Holy Spirit not yet given. John 7:39.
2. No mention of the Body of Christ until Saul became Paul.
3. Go not into the way of the Gentiles. Matthew 10:5.
In Romans 10:12 (about 60 A.D.) we see no difference between Jews and Gentiles as to God's salvation and blessing; BUT in Matthew 15:21-27, a GREAT difference.
10) Note that NOT ONE of the twelve apostles referred to the “Church” as the “Body.” The Greek word “Soma” is used exclusively in the writings of the Apostle Paul and is found in his Epistles many times, referring to the Church. The “Body” thus used is always the “Church,” but the “Church” is not always the “Body.” Some Christians endeavor to prove that the Body of Christ began, HISTORICALLY, on the day of Pentecost, because the Apostle Paul declared that he persecuted the Church of God. 1 Corinthians 15:9. Philippians 3:6. Galatians 1:13. The Body of Ephesians 1:19-22 began with the Dispensation of the Grace of God (Ephesians 3:1 to 3), and the Dispensation of the Mystery (Ephesians 3:9). The Body of Christ did NOT begin with Peter at Pentecost, but with the RISEN Christ's revelation to Saul AFTER he became Paul. Once the Church is called the Sussoma or joint-Body. Ephesians 3:6.
A BONUS number of Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study will be coming up, so stay tuned.
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” Acts 16:31, while there is still time!
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide. The time is short
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry
Pastor David Picos, D.D.
Minister and Ambassador for Christ in the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20)
Subscribe Here to the LLM Newsletter , Follow LLM on Twitter , Subscribe to LLM on Youtube , LLM on MySpace , and FaceBook
Post a Comment