First the Question: Christ was NOT the Head of the joint-Body, (the Sussoma of Ephesians 3:6), in Acts 5:29-32. True or False?
Please take a moment to respond at the LLM Question of the Day
And now the answer to the LLM Question of 9-4-2011
Question: The Apostle Paul did NOT work under the authority of the Apostle Peter with his keys. But contrariwise. Galatians 2:7. True or False?
Answer: TRUE! Galatians 2:7, "But contrariwise, when they saw that the Gospel of the Uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the Gospel of the Circumcision was unto Peter." Now on this question, out of the 747 responses we received, only 92.4% of you got it right! Much better! Therefore,
Today let us consider, Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study, part 6 of 10
As I have with each of these messages, before we get to the next TEN Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study contained in this message, here are the FIVE different groups or classes of people who are addressed from the first chapter of Matthew to the last chapter of Revelation:
1) To unsaved Israelites who were under the Law.
2) To saved Israelites who were under the Law before they became members of the Body of Christ.
3) To unsaved Gentiles who were aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel, and not under the Law.
4) To carnal saints and babes who were members of the Body of Christ.
5) To those who were of full age, called “the faithful in Christ Jesus.”
Remember, for an in-depth explanation of these five different groups I urge you to read “Super bible Facts for Super Bible Study, part 1”. Keep these five different groups in mind, and you will derive both blessing and benefit as you carefully study this fourth set of 10 Super-Facts.
Ok, here we go:
1) Note the commission which Christ gave to the Twelve in Matthew 10:6-8, “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.” Note what He said in verse 23, “Ye shall (may) not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.” Then note Christ's command in Luke 12:33, “Sell that ye have and give alms.” An intelligent student of the Scriptures must see that this spiritual program does NOT FIT into the Dispensation of Grace committed to the Apostle Paul. Ephesians 3:1-3. The Apostle Peter had the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Paul did NOT work under the authority of Peter with his keys. “But contrariwise.” Read Galatians 2:7.
2) By studying Acts 1-9 we shall learn that the twelve Apostles were still working under the orders of Matthew 10:6-8, in that they were still preaching the kingdom message to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, “repentance unto baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)” and “repent and God will send Christ back to establish the kingdom of heaven on earth.” Acts 3:19-21. They were healing the sick, casting out demons, etc. The disciples were still selling their earthly possessions and giving away the money. Compare Luke 12:33 and Acts 4:34. Remember 12 men stood up on the day of Pentecost to address 12 tribes of Israel. Acts 2:14 and Acts 2:36.
3) For an intelligent understanding of the Scriptures we must know the two-fold program of Christ while He was preaching on earth to Israel. This was true also after His crucifixion and in the first chapters of Acts. Namely, God was offering salvation to individual Jews while presenting the kingdom to the Nation Israel. We must learn in the Book of Acts when this two-fold program ceased and when God's order was no longer “to the Jew first.” But note the offer of the kingdom to Israel in Acts 3:19-21.
4) When we teach Hebrews 13:8, that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and for ever, we must emphasize that this refers particularly to His eternal Deity, but that He changes as to His form and ministry. He was in the form of God and then became flesh, the God-man. On earth He was a Minister of the circumcision, but NOW He is Head of His Body. Compare Romans 15:8 and Ephesians 1:19-22. Take note that In Romans 15:8 Jesus Christ WAS a minister of the circumcision….not IS.
5) Note the so-called “great commission” in Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” This was given to the Eleven (Matthew 28:16-18). They were to disciple all nations. They preached to representatives from every nation under heaven on the day of Pentecost. But they were Jews. Acts 2:5. The Eleven remained at Jerusalem. Acts 8:1. They were still there in Acts 15:4. Therefore, during the “Acts” period they did NOT disciple all nations. Note what they agreed to do in Galatians 2:9.
6) The Apostle Peter and his fellow apostles were to disciple all nations and yet about seven years later Peter declared it was unlawful for a Jew to come to a Gentile. Acts 10:28. Then how strange that Peter and his fellow apostles agreed that they would go to the Jews and let the Apostle Paul take the responsibility for the evangelization of the Gentiles. Galatians 2:9. Question: Can you reconcile this agreement with the so-called “great commission”?
7) In Mark 16:11-18 is recorded Christ's commission to the Eleven, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth AND is (water)baptized shall be saved.” Now PAY ATTENTION….Observe that Christ did NOT say, “He that believeth and is saved shall receive water baptism as a witness to the world.” IF we are to obey Mark 16:14-18, (which we are not), let us require water baptism for salvation and require signs as the evidence of salvation. On the day of Pentecost the penitent Jews had to receive water baptism BEFORE Holy Spirit baptism.
8) Compare Acts 8:1 and Acts 22:15-21. The Twelve remained at Jerusalem and the Lord worked mightily in Peter unto the apostleship of the circumcision. Galatians 2:8. The LORD said to the Apostle Paul, “Get OUT of Jerusalem,” “I will send you far hence to the Gentiles.” Note Paul's words in Romans 11:13 that he magnified his office as the apostle to Gentiles.
9) According to Acts 13:46 and Romans 11:11, Paul preached salvation to the Gentiles because the Jews put it from them, because they fell, and NOT because of the commission of Matthew 28:19-20. Very carefully compare these Scriptures and also compare Paul's Dispensation of Grace (Ephesians 3:1-3) with Matthew 28:19-20. Also note Matthew 24:14 concerning the Gospel of the Kingdom and the End of the Age and compare with Paul's statements in Colossians 1:6 and Colossians 1:23 the Gospel “in all the world” . . . “to every creature which is under heaven.” Did the end come? If not, why not?
10) The RISEN Christ in heaven directly gave the Apostle Paul his Gospel for the Gentiles and Apostolic authority, by special revelation, and not through those who were apostles before him. This is a SUPER DUPER important Bible Fact. Galatians 1:11-12. Galatians 1:17-24. Galatians 2:7-9. In Acts 28:25-28 is recorded God's judgment (blindness) upon the Jews, followed by the statement “salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles.” Certainly after Acts 28:28 salvation of God was sent to the Gentiles as never before. No longer were the Jews given any priority rights or special privileges.
More Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study coming up quick!
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” Acts 16:31, while there is still time!
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide. The time is short
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry
Pastor David Picos, D.D.
Minister and Ambassador for Christ in the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20)