First the Question: Acts 3:25 says, "Ye are the children of the covenant". Should this be preached to Gentiles? Yes or No?
Please take a moment to respond at the LLM Question of the Day
And now the answer to the LLM Question of 9-8-2011
Question: Christ was NOT the Head of the joint-Body, (the Sussoma of Ephesians 3:6), in Acts 5:29-32. True or False?
Answer: TRUE! In Acts 5:31 Christ is NOT mentioned as Head of a joint-Body of Jews and Gentiles, but as Prince and Savior to give repentance and forgiveness to Israel. In Philippians 1:10, the Holy Spirit writes (Greek) “test things that differ.” Christ certainly was NOT the Head of the joint-Body in Acts 5:29-32. Therefore Acts 5:29-32 was NOT in any way connected with “The Mystery” FOR WHICH the Apostle Paul was in jail. Colossians 4:3-4. On this question, out of 713 responses, 56.7% got it right. Therefore…
Today let us consider, Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study, part 7 of 10
Before we get to the next TEN Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study contained in this message, here, once again, are the FIVE different groups or classes of people who are addressed from the first chapter of Matthew to the last chapter of Revelation:
1) To unsaved Israelites who were under the Law.
2) To saved Israelites who were under the Law before they became members of the Body of Christ.
3) To unsaved Gentiles who were aliens from the Commonwealth of Israel, and not under the Law.
4) To carnal saints and babes who were members of the Body of Christ.
5) To those who were of full age, called “the faithful in Christ Jesus.”
Remember, for an in-depth explanation of these five different groups I urge you to read “Super bible Facts for Super Bible Study, part 1”. Keep these five different groups in mind, and you will derive both blessing and benefit as you carefully study this fourth set of 10 Super-Facts.
Ok, here we go:
1) We learn in Matthew 23:33-40 that Christ denounced the rulers of Israel, calling them “serpents” and “vipers”, and some months later he instructed Peter to tenderly address them as “the children of the covenant.” Acts 3:25. There is a great difference between “snakes” and “children.” God's changed attitude toward Israel was because of Christ's prayer on the cross, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34. Israel's sin against the Son of man was pardonable; but not their sin against the Holy Spirit. Matthew 12:32.
2) Because of Christ's prayer on the cross, note the LORD's message to Israel in Acts 3:17-19, “And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. But those things, which God before hath shewed by the mouth of all His prophets, that Christ should suffer, He hath so fulfilled. Repent ye, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.” If they would repent the LORD was willing to forgive Israel on the grounds of ignorance and send their Messiah and King back to bring about the restitution of all things. Then the Twelve would be on twelve thrones as judges. Matthew 19:28. This was also because the sacrifice of Christ for the salvation of lost humanity was inevitable, having been foretold in the Scriptures and foreordained before the foundation of the world. Acts 4:28 and Acts 2:22. And so far as redemption, justification or salvation is concerned let us ever remember that without the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ NO one from Abel down to the present time was ever saved.
3) All that the Lord offered to Israel, in Acts 1-9, was in fulfillment of God's promises to Israel, by the mouth and pen of Moses, Samuel, David, Joel, Amos and all the prophets. Acts 2:26-32, Acts 2:11-16, Acts 3:21-24, Acts 15:14-15. There is NOTHING in Acts 1-9 of the GRACE message for Gentiles. When Saul was converted he was told to “arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins.” Acts 22:16. This is NOT part of the Apostle Paul's message to Gentiles. In the first chapters of Acts we have a repetition of John 1:11-12, “Christ came unto His own and His own (Israel as a Nation) received Him not, but as many (Israelites) as received Him etc.”
4) Moses, Samuel, David, Joel, Amos, and the rest of Israel's prophets knew nothing, said nothing, and wrote nothing, concerning the Dispensation of Grace and the Dispensation of the Mystery which the RISEN Christ revealed to the Apostle Paul. Ephesians 3:6-11, Colossians 1:24-27. Christ's ministry on earth was a “confirmation” ministry. Paul had a two-fold ministry, one of which was the “confirmation” ministry, and the other “the mystery”, by revelation. This he called “the unsearchable riches of Christ.” Ephesians 3:8. The LORD worked in Peter to the apostleship of the Jews. Galatians 2:8.
5) In Acts 15:13-18 is recorded God's Kingdom program, which was FORETOLD by Amos, in Amos 9:11-15, that Christ would come as King, build the tabernacle of David, save an Israelitish remnant and THEN the Gentiles. This is exactly the kingdom program of Acts 2-11. The program of Acts 1-11 does NOT fit into Paul's Dispensation of the Grace of God. The Twelve were preaching before Acts 13:2, repentance, the new birth and restitution, but NOT reconciliation and the NEW CREATION.
6) If we teach that God's purpose, concerning the Body of Christ, in this age, is stated by Peter and James, in Acts 15:14, “to take out from among the Gentiles a people for His name,” which was foretold by Amos, then Paul was mistaken when he declared that Amos knew nothing of God's “Body” program in this age (Colossians 1:24-26), and Peter and James were out of the will of God when they agreed to go to the Jews (Galatians 2:9), when God's purpose was to take out Gentiles. The Baptizing by the Holy Spirit of Jews and Gentiles in ONE Body (1 Corinthians 12:13), or making of the two One New Man (Ephesians 2:15), is NOT taking out from the Gentiles a people for His name in fulfillment of Amos 9:11-15. God is visiting Jews as well as Gentiles during this Age of Grace, although it is a period of special Divine favor for the Gentiles.
7) After God has accomplished, during this age, “the eternal purpose of Christ”, concerning the joint-Body of Ephesians 3:6, He WILL fulfill His kingdom program, of which Acts 2:2-11 is the pattern. The Apostle Peter had the keys of the Kingdom of heaven. Matthew 16:16-18. In the first chapters of the Book of Acts, Peter, by Divine authority, was presenting anew the kingdom of heaven to Israel. Christ was raised from the dead to take David's throne. Acts 2:27-33. On that throne Christ is to reign over the house of Jacob for ever. Luke 1:33. When Christ returns to Israel as King He will accomplish what He WOULD have done, if Israel had repented. Acts 3:19-21. Then the remnant of Jews and the Gentiles will come to the Lord in accordance with Acts 15:13-18. THIS will be accomplished by preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom. Matthew 24:12-14.
8) On the day of Pentecost the LORD's message by the Apostle Peter and the Eleven was for “all the house of Israel.” Acts 2:36. In the first part of that message Peter declared “this is that which is spoken by the prophet Joel.” Acts 2:16. Note the “last days” of Acts 2:17. Joel prophesied concerning Israel's “last days”, Israel's tribulation, and Israel in their own land under Kingdom blessings on earth. Joel did not prophesy as to the last days, or the first days, of the Church which is His Body. What foolishness then to teach that the Dispensation of Grace began on the day of Pentecost!
9) The word “church” is from the word “Kurios”, which is interpreted several hundred times “Lord.” The Greek word FROM WHICH “church” is translated is “ekklesia”, meaning, literally, “called out.” It is used in Acts 19:32, Acts 19:39, and Acts 19:41, and is there translated “assembly,” referring to a mob of disorderly sinners. “Ekklesia,” referring to Israel, is used a number of times in the Old (Greek translation) Testament. Israel's Ekklesia in the wilderness is mentioned in Acts 7:38. Now, very important, with that said, therefore, the expression “the Church of God” may, OR MAY NOT, refer to the Body of Christ. Note Nehemiah 13:1, in the Greek, “the ekklesia (congregation) of God.” God had a Church before Pentecost, but NOT the Body of Christ. The Samaritans persecuted the ekklesia of God when the Jews were rebuilding the temple in the days of Nehemiah, let’s not forget that. Nehemiah 13:1, Nehemiah 4:1-7, Nehemiah 6:1-12.
10) In Ephesians 1:19-23, we read of Christ FAR ABOVE in the heavenlies made Head over all things unto the Church which is His Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all. But note Acts 5:30-31: “The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, Whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, for to give repentance TO ISRAEL, and forgiveness of sins. “To ISRAEL?!?” Where did the Gentiles come in? They did NOT come in. Ephesians was written principally concerning Gentile salvation and their oneness with Christ, and with redeemed Israelites in the joint-Body (Sussoma) of Ephesians 3:6. But in Acts 5:31 Christ is NOT mentioned as Head of a joint-Body of Jews and Gentiles, but as Prince and Savior to give repentance and forgiveness to Israel. In Philippians 1:10, the Holy Spirit writes (Greek) “test things that differ.” Christ certainly was NOT the Head of the joint-Body in Acts 5:29-32. Therefore Acts 5:29-32 was NOT in any way connected with “The Mystery” FOR WHICH the Apostle Paul was in jail. Colossians 4:3-4.
More Super Bible Facts for Super Bible Study coming up quick!
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” Acts 16:31, while there is still time!
So There You Have it!
Spread this message to everyone you know, far and wide. The time is short
Grace be to you and peace, from God: our Father, and The LORD Jesus Christ.
In The LORD Jesus Christ,
The Lion and Lamb Ministry
Pastor David Picos, D.D.
Minister and Ambassador for Christ in the Ministry of Reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20)